Depression is the feeling of unhappiness that lasts for a long time. It can be a medical condition and may have physical signs. Also, called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. It can be normal, and is only an indicator of underlying disease when feelings become excessive, all-consuming, and interfere with daily living.
Although it may occur only once during in your life period, people normally have multiple experience. Throughout the time of these experience, symptoms occur mostly on daily base of life, almost every day and may includes are:
- Feelings of sorrow, regret, emotional imbalance or loneliness
- Low self-esteem or being self-critical
- Stressful events, such as loss of loved one or economic problem
- Slowed thinking or physical movement
- Fatigue or low energy most of the day
- Loss of concentration
- Being hesitant
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
- Lack of productivity
- Loss interest in regular daily activities
- Certain medications (sleeping aids, blood pressure medication etc.,)
- Appetite or weight changes
- Physical symptoms such as headaches, stomachaches, or back pain.
For many people with some of the combination of these symptoms for a period of at least two weeks likely signifies that you are in the midst of depression.
The symptoms of depression in children may vary. It is often undiagnosed and untreated because they are passed off as normal emotional and psychological changes that occur during growth.
Signs and symptoms of depression in children, teenagers as well as adults include:-
- Irritability or anger
- Continuous feelings of sadness and hopelessness
- Social withdrawal
- Increased sensitivity to rejection
- Reduced ability to function during events and activities at home or with friends, in school, extracurricular activities, and in other hobbies or interests
- Vocal outbursts or crying
- Changes in appetite- either increased or decreased
- Difficulty in concentration
- Thoughts of death or suicide
So, if you feel depressed, then consult your doctor or mental health professional without delay. If you’re reluctant to seek treatment, talk to a friend or loved one, any health care professional, a faith leader, or someone else you trust.
How to prevent depression
- Avoiding stress-: Stress is one of the main reason responsible for depression and anxiety in an individuals life. So, it is important to try managing and addressing the causes of strain.
- Exercise -: It offers a range of health benefits including helping prevent depression. Both high-intensity and low-intensity workout is beneficial in this respect.
- Diet -: The brain needs the right mix of nutrients to function properly. There is a proverb “good food make good mood”.
- Sleep -: Not getting enough sleep has a significant impact on people psychologically and physically, and insomnia is associated with depression.
- Try talking therapy -: Talking therapy is often in a one-on-one situation, but there are also support groups that other people find effective.
25 Inspirational Depression Quotes To Guide Your Path To Light:
Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles; sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness, and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. – Goldie Hawn
It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do. – Stephen Fry
Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul? – John Keats
Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep. – Clive Barker.
I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino
There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well. – Nicholas Sparks
In times of pain, when the future is too terrifying to contemplate and the past too painful to remember, I have learned to pay attention to right now. The precise moment I was in was always the only safe place for me. – Julia Cameron
Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy. – Matt Lucas
When you are depressed, you need the love of other people, and yet depression fosters actions that destroy that love. Depressed people often stick pins into their own life rafts. The conscious mind can intervene. One is not helpless. – Andrew Solomon
You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human. – David Mitchell
Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!. – Dita Von Teese
What makes night within us may leave stars. – Victor Hugo
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. – Thich Nhat Hanh
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Helen Keller
Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up. – Steve Maraboli
I’ve learned that everything happens for a reason, every event has a why and all adversity teaches us a lesson… Never regret your past. Accept it as the teacher that it is. – Robin Sharma
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. – Richard Bach
Obstacles don’t have to stop you, if you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. – Michael Jordan
If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. – Amit Ray
A big part of being a well-adjusted person is accepting that you can’t be good at everything. – Kelly Williams Brown
There is some kind of sweet innocence in being human– in not having to be just happy or just sad– in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time. – C. JoyBell
We must understand that sadness is an ocean, and sometimes we drown, while other days we are forced to swim. – R. M. Drake
The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself. – Deepak Chopra
Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. – Rikki Rogers
Depression quotes, quotes about depression, depression quotes on about life, depression quotes images, photos, pictures, pics, depression quotes with images, depression quotes about on love, depression quotes motivation, battle, depression quotes for girl in English, life and love, tumblr, short depression quotes, goodreads, positive, depression quotes to help, depression quotes about death, family, quote about depression, depression recovery quotes.