This man clearly needs no introduction for obvious reasons. But when was William Shakespeare born exactly? No one knows. His birthday is unknown till date. According to records it was the month of April in 1564 and he died on 23 April 1564.
He is the greatest writer and dramatist of all time. William Shakespeare biography, plays, poems, facts, writings, sayings, love quotes, famous quotes, inspirational quotes and quotes about life are all over the internet. He was born and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England. He married Anne Hathaway at the age of 18. His wife Hathaway was 26 when they got married.
Some of his popular works include ‘A midsummer night’s dream’, ‘Merchant of Venice’, ‘Romeo and Juliet’, ‘Plutarch’s Parallel Lives’, ‘Julius Ceasar’, ‘Hamlet’ and ‘Macbeth’.
Most of us from a very young age are aware of Shakespeare, probably since highschool days. In my case, we had a separate subject in English literature, ‘Julius Ceasar’ (like most of the English medium schools do). We surely got to study about him from a very young age, we also made it through the examinations, but the real question here is: did we really get to understand him deep enough? I assume most of us did not, and there is no shame about it. Shakespeare was advanced, way ahead of his time and we were just too young! He was a genius.
A few days ago I had the idea of writing an article about him, including some of his popular quotes and sayings. I had to do a little research because all I knew about him from my highschool was ‘Julius Ceasar’ and some basic information. This time I wanted to dig a little more, I wanted to know him more. And I must say, after my research I truly think he was actually an advanced human being. It is not only that he knew how to arrange words beautifully, but he was an extraordinary thinker. He thought out of the box and his words reflects his passion. Therefore I changed my mind a little bit.
I no more wanted to write just the popular quotes and sayings by him. I now wanted people to read and know about the less popular ones. The ones that are underrated and not yet mainstream viral on the internet.
I have a little request to you guys before you get to the quotes, please take a moment to give it a thought on the lines he said. Hope you people enjoy this blog.
Here for you we have 20 less known mind bending sayings by William Shakespeare:
1. “We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep.” – William Shakespeare
2. “Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.” – William Shakespeare
3. “Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.” – William Shakespeare
4. “I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad and to travel for it too!” – William Shakespeare
5. “Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.” – William Shakespeare
6. “If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then unto me.” – William Shakespeare
7. “How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child!” – William Shakespeare
8. “Go to you bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know.” – William Shakespeare
9. “When we are born we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools.” – William Shakespeare
10. “There’s no art to find the mind’s construction in the face.” – William Shakespeare
11. “Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains.” – William Shakespeare
12. “God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
13. “How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.” – William Shakespeare
14. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
15. “Listen to many, speak to a few.” – William Shakespeare
16. “Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.” – William Shakespeare
17. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
18. “A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.” – William Shakespeare
19. “Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” – William Shakespeare
20. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare
Sir Shakespeare, mad respect to you. You are a legend and an inspiration to uncountable number of people. Thank you for everything.